Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you unblock adobe from a DL

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How do you unblock adobe from a DL

I need to un block a dl from BCBS that has my EOB. I am having the same trouble on Chase on Adobe statement Dls. How do you unblock. I can dl on IE. Bill in Texas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SUMO Contributor

Re: How do you unblock adobe from a DL

Could I suggest disabling the Acrobat plugin and having Firefox offer to open or save the download externally?

You can disable the Adobe Acrobat plugin on this screen:

orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Plugins category

Next you can update your application preferences to open PDFs externally or "ask every time" here:

orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Applications

In the slim search box above the list, type or paste PDF, then pause while Firefox filters the list. You should be able to update the program to handle the PDF using the drop-down list in the right column of the list.

Any luck?

2 REPLIES
SUMO Contributor

Could I suggest disabling the Acrobat plugin and having Firefox offer to open or save the download externally?

You can disable the Adobe Acrobat plugin on this screen:

orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Plugins category

Next you can update your application preferences to open PDFs externally or "ask every time" here:

orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Applications

In the slim search box above the list, type or paste PDF, then pause while Firefox filters the list. You should be able to update the program to handle the PDF using the drop-down list in the right column of the list.

Any luck?

New User

I believe that fixed that. Thanks, Bill