cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i keep the pop up "brower Change " from poping up every few minutes. Its very anoying

Highlighted
New User

How do i keep the pop up "brower Change " from poping up every few minutes. Its very anoying

Every few minutes i get a pop up "BROWSER SETTING CHANGE" with a statement that an unknown change was detected on browser.

I made the change..and ...are aware of it. I type in "Yes" but cant clear the pop up. And it keeps on re-appearing every few minutes. It stinks and is annoying in using Mozilla.

Please help its driving me crazy.... Steve

5 REPLIES
Regular User

Re: How do i keep the pop up "brower Change " from poping up every few minutes. Its very anoying

I can't seem to understand what you are trying to ask for help on. Please be more specific.

New User

Re: How do i keep the pop up "brower Change " from poping up every few minutes. Its very anoying

A pop out window..on the bottom of the screen pops up with these statements:

(( BROWSER SETTING CHANGE ..an unknown change was detected )))

I cant get rid of it. Every time i clear it ...it reappears in a few minutes. Its very frustrating. I am aware of the change and approved it. But cant permanently clear the box...it keeps on popping up.

Regular User

Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.

You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:

Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

New User

This is Fire fox pop up...has nothing to do with Malware. I just changed the browser settings and this pop up started.

cant get rid of it ....your fixes do not help at all

Site Moderator

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Is there any AVG software running?

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.