cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn on WebGL in Firefox 4 Beta?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master Contributor

How do I turn on WebGL in Firefox 4 Beta?

Hi - how do I turn on WebGL in the new Firefox4 Beta? thanks Nic

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master Contributor

Re: How do I turn on WebGL in Firefox 4 Beta?

as can be found in this article:

- Type “about:config” in your browser’s URL bar - Do a search for “webgl” in the Filter field - Double-click the “enabled_for_all_sites” preference to change it to “true”

that should do it...

21 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor

as can be found in this article:

- Type “about:config” in your browser’s URL bar - Do a search for “webgl” in the Filter field - Double-click the “enabled_for_all_sites” preference to change it to “true”

that should do it...

New Contributor

I followed the instructions with no different result.

New Contributor

I've had tried theses instructions with no results too. The firefox's demo is writing that "Could not initialise WebGL, sorry :-("

New Contributor

The solution was not applicable. The boolean was already 'true' in my installation. However when I try to use google body browser it behaves like I don't have webGL. When I try and run a demo of webGL it says: "Could not initialise WebGL, sorry :-("

What's the problem here. My graphics car/driver isn't supported?

Site Moderator

If you have problems with WebGL then set the pref webgl.verbose to true to see error messages in the "Tools > Error Console"
You may have an unsupported graphics display card.
You may need to enable the "Tools > Error Console" (pref devtools.errorconsole.enabled true)

New Contributor

For me the WebGl doesn´t work until I update the video drivers. Try It.

You can take a look for troubleshooting at: http://learningwebgl.com/blog/?p=11

New Contributor

So i have used the about:config changed all parameters to true however to no success when testing the webgl on google body 3d still no response . So i decided just to be a little bit of a traitor and test the Google Chrome browser, and surprise surprise the webgl in the google body 3d worked !!! so I strongly do not believe the graphics card has much to do with this problem , although maybe just because its a google product working the gb3d . but it also worked with other websites with this webgl , not only the gb3d . Maybe Firefox has not quite yet worked around this problem ?!?!?

Cheers

Support Forum Moderator

For some people, installing the DirectX runtime may help. This allows Firefox to use an alternate rendering path that might be better supported on their system, especially on systems with Intel GPUs. Mozilla are working on removing the need for this separate install in a future build.The DirectX runtime is available from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&dis...

This info obtained from http://blog.vlad1.com/2010/12/21/webgl-in-firefox-4-beta-8/

New Contributor

I don't see those configs at all. I only see

webgl.disabled webgl.force-enabled webgl.force_osmesa webgl.osmesalib webgl.prefer-native-gl webgl.shader_validator webgl.verbose

I'm using Firefox 4.0b11