cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop this please You are not sharing your location. Sharing your location helps provide searches that are geographicaly closer to you

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How do I stop this please You are not sharing your location. Sharing your location helps provide searches that are geographicaly closer to you

When I go to this website it's giving me this

You are not sharing your location. Sharing your location helps provide searches that are geographicaly closer to you

This pops up how do I stop it there is NO x

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I stop this please You are not sharing your location. Sharing your location helps provide searches that are geographicaly closer to you

hello Cointech, i think you've clicked on the "never share location" button on the site & that's why you're only getting this popup now. you can change that by right-clicking on the page, then go to view page info > permissions and set access to your location to always ask.

6 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How do I stop this please You are not sharing your location. Sharing your location helps provide searches that are geographicaly closer to you

You can set the default setting for Share Location for all sites on the aboutSmiley Tongueermissions page.

The about: protocol is used to access special built-in pages.
You can open built-in about: pages via the location bar like you open a web page and in most cases you see a special orange Firefox icon on the location bar.

New User

How do I get to this page please

New User

There is no X on this it make me click this if I want to go to this page. I do not agree with this pop up Please check attachments Thank you

2013-11-16-04-24-42-3beca0.png 2013-11-16-04-25-50-2845fe.png
New User

It use to give me a choice but it does not any more

New User

It use to give me a choice but it does not any more

Site Moderator

hello Cointech, i think you've clicked on the "never share location" button on the site & that's why you're only getting this popup now. you can change that by right-clicking on the page, then go to view page info > permissions and set access to your location to always ask.