cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop this >A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionMana

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master

How do I stop this >A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionMana

What is causing this warning when I open firefox and how do I correct it? > A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js:623 <

This happened

A few times a week

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: How do I stop this >A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionMana

From what I can tell, you have the ask toolbar installed, and that is known to cause problems. Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions, select the Ask Toolbar, click Disable then restart Firefox.

If that doesn't work, post your troubleshooting info. See Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues

18 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: How do I stop this >A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionMana

From what I can tell, you have the ask toolbar installed, and that is known to cause problems. Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions, select the Ask Toolbar, click Disable then restart Firefox.

If that doesn't work, post your troubleshooting info. See Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues

Grand Master

Hi Chris I am having this issue today for the first time and you may be right ... I have Ask tool bar. I would like to uninstall it but even I cannot open firefox no matter what. Help!!!

Grand Master

Hi Chris I figured out how. Just started firefox as a safemode and disabled Ask tool bar. I will never use Ask tool bar again!!! Thanks bunch.

New User

I am having the same problem, but I am unable to get to the addon manager. I tried different ways to get to it, but all of them cause firefox to crash. Even in safe mode. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Site Moderator

You can delete the files extensions.* (extensions.rdf, extensions.cache, extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry. New files will be created when required. See "Corrupt extension files": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_install_themes_or_extensions

If you see disabled extensions that are not compatible on the next start in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the "Find Updates" button to do a compatibility check.

See also Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems

New User

I've seen all the posts directing me to open Firefox in safe mode, however, when I try it does not open. I have opened my Firefox Program File and deleted the asksearch extension and that has done nothing. I can see in my Task Manager that firefox is trying to open in safe mode but then it does not. I have deleted extensions in my profile (pref.js and pref-1.js) and none of this works. So frustrating but I may have to uninstall Firefox altogether.

New User

When I try this I get:

Script: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js:623

And the window won't CLOSE, regardless of what I choose (i.e. continue, stop script, don't remind me again) . I can't get far enough to disable anything.

New User

first, do apologize for my english ! thank's - The problem is that it's impossible to open Firefox - So, through IE (sorry...) I got the version 3.6.8 and then, it works. Very simply indeed. Smiley Happy

New User

Following, it did not worked ! I had to get it another time version 3.6.8 then go to "modules complementaires" > Personas > uninstall > reiniciar - Then it works now. (Sorry for words my computer is in Spanish and French)- it seems "Personas" in incomptatible with "Google toolbar"