cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop the "Better Privacy" help page coming up every time I open Firefox and while browsing?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I stop the "Better Privacy" help page coming up every time I open Firefox and while browsing?

The "Better Privacy" help page opens as a separate tab every time I open Firefox. I close it, but it keeps coming back, usually when I go to another site (by clicking a link or using a bookmark) and at seemingly random intervals while I'm browsing.

chrome://bprivacy/content/BetterPrivacy.html

I'm sure it's not malware, but it's driving me mad. Is there no way to block this annoyance?

I don't want to disable Better Privacy, but I'm often tempted to do so.

I'm using (Linux) Ubuntu 12.04, which comes with Firefox 18.0.2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I stop the "Better Privacy" help page coming up every time I open Firefox and while browsing?

You're welcome

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How do I stop the "Better Privacy" help page coming up every time I open Firefox and while browsing?

Check the Home page setting:

If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:

New Contributor

Thank you, cor-el. I hadn't realised something had been added to the "home page" box. I've deleted the offending part now, so the problem should be solved. I'll watch that with any other add-ons in future.

Many thanks. Barney.

Site Moderator

You're welcome

New Contributor

How do I mark this thread as solved? (I'm new here)