cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop my Personas background from resetting to default everytime I restart Firefox or my computer?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I stop my Personas background from resetting to default everytime I restart Firefox or my computer?

I added a Thanksgiving Personas skin on my desktop and it defaults to a Blue Buttefily skin everytime I restart my computer or Firefox. I have to go back into the Add-ons menu and disable and enable the Thanksgiving Personas Skin to get the skin back on my desktop. I had this problem with all the Personas Skins I added on to my desktop, with the exception of the Blue Butterly skin, this one has remained.

How can stop the Personas Skins from resetting to the default settings ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I stop my Personas background from resetting to default everytime I restart Firefox or my computer?

You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.

6 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How do I stop my Personas background from resetting to default everytime I restart Firefox or my computer?

You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.

New Contributor

I went into Firefox profile files and their isn't any file with the prefix "pref.js"

Site Moderator

Windows may be hiding the .js file extension, so you may only see a prefs ans a possible user file.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
New Contributor

Hi, I went into the Firefox Profile Folder and deleted the pref.js file, and am still having the same problem. Would it help to uninstall and reinstall Firefox?

Site Moderator

Do you also have that problem with other preferences or only with personas?

You can also check for problems caused by extensions:

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.

New Contributor

I only have the problem with Personas. My firewall, antivirus is McAFEE