cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop fire fox's annoying popups?

Highlighted
New User

How do I stop fire fox's annoying popups?

Firefox has annoying popups to advertise their products. How do I stop these?

18 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: How do I stop fire fox's annoying popups?

Site Moderator

What kind of pop-ups do you mean?

Do a malware check with some malware scan programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.

See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website

New User

These popups seem to come from Firefox because they're advertising add ons, etc. for Firefox. I regularly run trend house call and they don't detect anything wrong. I also run win utilities, regzooka, wise disk cleaner. No malware.

Site Moderator

Firefox itself (if you got it from mozilla.com wmozilla.org) doe Not come with any form of advertising. However after you do Extensions updates they sometimes redirect you to a page related to the extension upon restart of Firefox.

Is there a website page it goes to ?

New User

Mozilla is sending me popup advertising for Mozilla products. Firefox's popup feature won't block popups from Mozilla. Firefox popup blocker works fine on all popup ads other than from Mozilla. Please stop pretending that this is not intentional conduct by Mozilla.

I don't understand most of the instructions in Firefox' help system concerning blocking popups by use of extensions and third party blockers. It should not be necessary to learn that material. All it should take is for Mozilla to stop using popups for advertising.

I understand the instructions concerning malware and have followed them. No malware found. I don't believe these popups are malware because I don't believe anyone would write malware designed to advertise Firefox products.

If Mozillia won't stop using popups advertising on my computer I will give up on Firefox. That should solve the problem.

Please Stop.

New User

Mozilla is sending me popup advertising for Mozilla products. Firefox's popup feature won't block popups from Mozilla. Firefox popup blocker works fine on all popup ads other than from Mozilla. Please stop pretending that this is not intentional conduct by Mozilla.

I don't understand most of the instructions in Firefox' help system concerning blocking popups by use of extensions and third party blockers. It should not be necessary to learn that material. All it should take is for Mozilla to stop using popups for advertising.

I understand the instructions concerning malware and have followed them. No malware found. I don't believe these popups are malware because I don't believe anyone would write malware designed to advertise Firefox products.

If Mozillia won't stop using popups advertising on my computer I will give up on Firefox. That should solve the problem.

Please Stop.

New User

Sorry for the double post.

Support Forum Moderator

Mozilla do not use pop-ups to advertise their products.

There are some malicious sites that claim to offer Mozilla products but are actually trying to get people to install malware.

Support Forum Moderator

If you do not have the latest version you may be seeing the notification that an update is available. If you already have the latest version, see this link - https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Updates+reported+when+running+newest+version