cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop FunMoods from opening every time I open a new tab.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How do I stop FunMoods from opening every time I open a new tab.

I tried changing the about:config line url:blank but that didn't work. Screw FunMoods.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I stop FunMoods from opening every time I open a new tab.

10 REPLIES
Shooting Star

How to get rid of Funmoods that you installed?

See my answer to a similar question here --> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/930985#answer-348199

You may also need to reset the New Tab Page default using about:config if Funmoods continues to show as your New Tab Page after performing the instructions in the post shown above:

If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.

EDIT (Added)

CandyMohn:

The link that I posted above to a prior question contains additional information that might me helpful to you including the link posted by cor-el immediately below,

Site Moderator

New User

The answer was UNISTALL FUNMOODS as you might think. I know better than install that crap. That doesn't absolve them.

New User

Can anyone offer help to a Mac user? I have removed the add-on and toolbar and reset my home page but a new tab still opens in funmoods. Can someone give me Mac specific instructions????

New User

Well, well ! I just saw a "remove" link on the new tab that opened with funmoods instead of my default. A second new tab opened with an entirely blank page - not my home page, as I would prefer, but at least not funmoods! Will see if it holds.

New User

The advice for removing funmoods did not help me for the following reasons:

(1) using about:config, finding keyword.url, right-clicking finds that reset is grayed out. (2) finding browser.newtab.url, reset is also grayed out.

I'm using Firefox 13.0.1 on a PC with Windows 7 64-bits.

I have also used Malwarebytes -- it found 9 (?) entries for funmoods and deleted them.

I have used Wise Registry Cleaner to clean the registry as well. Still, funmoods opens in each new tab.

Site Moderator

Try to reset the funmoods prefs on the about:config page.

• Open the about:config page via the location bar and do a search for funmoods via the Search bar at the top of the about:config page.
  • Reset all funmoods related prefs that appear bold (user set) via the right-click context menu to their default values.

If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:

New User

I was able to remove Funmoods using "remove" on the Funmoods search page. It worked and no more Funmoods

New User

Yes it has held to this day