cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove babylon search from my computer

Highlighted
New User

How do I remove babylon search from my computer

I had a technician to clean and remove Babylon search from my computer and it still attached itself to whatever I'm doing. I uninstalled Mozilla fox at least five times , then re-installed. However, I cannot get rid of Babylon search. I spent $100 dollars to resolved this problem and it's not working. I handle high confidential files on my computer. I am afraid to open the file due to fear of information being compromised.

Please Help!!!

23 REPLIES
New User

Re: How do I remove babylon search from my computer

START : CONTROL PANEL : UNINSTALL A PROGRAM - try to uninstall there.. if it does not work, download CCleaner (FREE) and use the custom uninstall feature to remove it. You can also clean up your browser by running it twice (first window you open it in). Next, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (FREE VERSION) and run it. There's a good chance it will pick it up.

New User

Unfortunately somewhere along the lines Babylon was de-classified as malware... I have no idea how that happened but it is the sad truth

New User

Have you check from Firefox in Add-Ons menu and in Extensions of it ? (tools->Add-ons or Firefox Button and Add-ons)

Site Moderator

please make sure that you don't have any babylon related extensions or other suspicious entries like 3rd-party-toolbars presently installed under firefox > addons > extensions (babylon also might install some unwanted stuff that comes under the names "Browser Manager", "Browser Protector", "Bprotector", "Object Installer", etc.) or in the windows control panel > programs section.

afterwards install the search reset addon - it will revert the most common customziations those adware programs do in firefox back to the default: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/

How to remove the Babylon toolbar, home page and search engine

Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page

New User

Tools - Internet Options -- Blank page-- Home page, one touch,while connecting . Imediatly cuts babylon wait, or , any other.

Have your own  favorites ,,,,,resent search scroll down off address bar
Regular User

Please also check our special "how to remove Site"

http://www.babylon.com/uninstall_search/firefox

> Open a new Firefox window (website)

> Go to Tools> Options> and go to change your order, the Home. ( f.e www.google.de) and click OK.

> Remove the search engine of Babylon by clicking the small arrow next to the icon of Babylon

> Manage Search Engines

> select Babylon and Remove

> Close Firefox and open again

> write in the address Bar "about:config " and click Enter

> Write in the search engine "Babylon."

> Click on any 'Babylon' preferences with the right mouse button and select "Reset"

New User

New User

The steps provided by BabylonLTD do NOT always work. Case in point:

I had the same problem as many others. First, it needs to be made clear that, despite the fact that Babylon has been "declassified" as being malware, it IS, in fact, STILL malware. Now, moving forward, I followed the steps provided...NOT because they were provided here, but because I found them (the exact same steps, but provided by several individuals having no affiliation with BabylonLTD...and in the search, four items came up. Two of them were reset through the "Reset" procedure. Unfortunately, the other two were NOT reset, and CAN'T be, as the "Reset" option doesn't appear to have any effect on them. The two I am speaking of are as follows (in order of Preference Name, Status, Type, & Value):

avg.install.userHPSettings, user set, string, http://isearch.babylon.com/?affID=116632&tt=0213_3&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=8cb75e91000000000000266d5782c...

avg.install.userSPSettings, user set, string, Search the web (Babylon)

See below for screen capture of what, exactly, I'm referring to. As I state above, these two strings are NOT able to be reset. Why??? I wish I knew. If someone has a useful (as in, it WILL either get rid of these two, or will correctly/properly reset them to what they should be, it would be greatly appreciated.

2013-01-09-12-24-01-747789.png
New User

Please see the link i provided above, which has removal instructions. Anyhow i copy the instructions for your quick reference. This is the only solution, as it involves registry entries removal as well as correction in master boot record. pl follow and you will be getting rid of it. There is no ohter solution worth trying.

babylon is a browser hijacker , a pup potentially unwanted programme. Merely by deleting the searches and deleting babylon entries does not solve this problem as the tool bar changes the master boot record. The solution is Hi, it is a case of browser hijack when you downloaded some software. The best way is to boot your computer in safe mode, pressing f8 and then select when you boot and then go to start, then run and type "regedit", go to edit menu , and then to find menu and find for babylon*.* and delete all the entries by choosing f3 key, to find another and so on , connected with babylon. It is also possible that the tool bar have entries in the master boot record. So , go to START, Computer, right click the properties and turn off system restore. Have the installation cd, and when prompt from cd comes enter to boot installation cd, and then when windows show start windows screen, select R for repairing and then enter 1 and password to go to c:\windows. Type FIXMBR to fix the unwanted entries other than the windows default mbr entries. Select yes if a warning message comes and then exit. Your problem would be getting solved. If you download, download from major geek instead of usual free download sites, which are carriers for these browser hijackers. Thank you and reply if the problem is solved. I used these methods to get rid of funmoods, blekko , incredible and babylon tool bars. I do not know how to refer my answers to this question and hence copied it. This will solve the problem toto