cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove Bing from my toolbar at the top of the page. I have already tried both of the suggestions given in the help section; I could not find Bing in my control panel "add and remove programs," and there was one other suggestion which I also tried

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master

How do I remove Bing from my toolbar at the top of the page. I have already tried both of the suggestions given in the help section; I could not find Bing in my control panel "add and remove programs," and there was one other suggestion which I also tried

locking due the age of this thread - asked and answered

I have tried all of the suggestions given by FF in order to remove Bing from my computer but nothing seems to work. I would appreciate some advise. For instance when I go to add and remove programs I can't even find Bing listed. Looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== I first installed Firefox

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master

Re: How do I remove Bing from my toolbar at the top of the page. I have already tried both of the suggestions given in the help section; I could not find Bing in my control panel "add and remove programs," and there was one other suggestion which I also tried

Sorry, I was trying to Bold the words "tools" "Options" "General". and didn't use the B correctly. Just delete the words Text above.

18 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: How do I remove Bing from my toolbar at the top of the page. I have already tried both of the suggestions given in the help section; I could not find Bing in my control panel "add and remove programs," and there was one other suggestion which I also tried

I removed it from my control panel>add/remove programs. I am unable to make it go away.

Grand Master

I want to remove bing tool bar. how do i do this. it is not on the control panel remove program list.

Grand Master

Dear Kimberly:

I tried what you suggested even before I asked the original question. My problem is that I do not see a program in my control panel listing of programs marked "Bing." I see a lot of Microsoft programs but they don't say Bing and I do not think is wise of me to start deleting microsoft program when I am running XP.

Can to tell me exactly which file to delete in order to ride of Bing once and for all. Thank you Kimberly.

Regards, Sandy

Support Forum Moderator

See this - it might be under the Search Helper Extension name in the Addons Manager. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Removing+the+Search+Helper+Extension+and+Bing+Bar

Expert User

In Add or Remove Programs, do you see something like "Search Toolbar" or "Search Bar 1.#.#"? That is probably it. Scroll down to SEO Expert's answer here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100130021137AAYv4RT

Grand Master

I opened up and the Bing screen was on my Firefox. After searching several places I found a very simple solution: texttoolstext to textOptionstext choose textGeneraltext. Under "homepage" click "Restore to Default". Save and I had my Google search back!

Grand Master

Sorry, I was trying to Bold the words "tools" "Options" "General". and didn't use the B correctly. Just delete the words Text above.

New User

In the add or remove programs choose to delete the MSN toolbar. If you are using MSN for your email then I don't know how that will effect that but it takes the toolbar off of the mozilla page.

New User

This was driving me nut for a while, but the solution is simple. Right click on Tools, then uncheck the Tool Bar. And that gets rid of Bing!!!!