cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reinstall the previous version of Firefox (v.3.6.16)?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How do I reinstall the previous version of Firefox (v.3.6.16)?

I just installed Firefox 4. Norton Toolbar (5.5) is not compatible. Therefore, I would like to revert back to the previous version of Firefox (I believe it was 3.6.16) but do not know how to do it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular User

Re: How do I reinstall the previous version of Firefox (v.3.6.16)?

23 REPLIES
Regular User

New User

Thanks so much!

New User

Do I have to uninstall Firefox 4 before installing this version?

Support Forum Moderator

To downgrade to Firefox 3.6 first uninstall Firefox 4, but do not select the option to "Remove my Firefox personal data". If you select that option it will delete your bookmarks, passwords and other user data.

You can then install the latest version of Firefox 3.6 available from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html - it will automatically use your current bookmarks, passwords etc.

To avoid possible problems with downgrading, I recommend going to your profile folder and deleting the following files if they exist - extensions.cache, extensions.rdf, extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite and localstore.rdf. Deleting these files will force Firefox to rebuild the list of installed extensions, checking their compatibility, and reset toolbar customizations.

For details of how to find your profile folder see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Profiles

New User

I installed Firefox 4 but the FoxClocks bar is not shown at the bottom, how to install it=

Regular User

Hello elboyero!

You must post your question in a new thread.

But anyway to get the Foxclocks Bar simply press Ctrl+/

That means you must enable your addon bar to see the addons icons or their bars. You can enable or disable by pressing Ctrl+/ or go to View Menu > Toolbars > Addon Bar

New User

I just downloaded the link and scanned with NIS, all was OK. It installed without a hitch and all my previous setups seem to be in place and functioning.

Except for the obvious in the news, the world with my computer is sweet again Smiley Happy. Thanks Cruiter

New User

My problem has been solved by iYogi, a computer service organization that I use and depend on very much.

New User

Dear Sunveer, thank you very much. Your Link is perfect and everything works perfect as before, after installing the "old" version. Do you have a hint, how we all could be informed about the solution of this special "Norton-Toolbar-Problem" inside the 4.0-Update? kind regards Dirk from Germany