cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prevent other sites from adding links to my uploaded pages when I view them in the browser?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I prevent other sites from adding links to my uploaded pages when I view them in the browser?

I upload (Dreamweaver) modified pages using CuteFTP to a Seanic server. When I view the pages using Firefox, links are "inserted" into keywords so that when I mouse-over, a small window appears from an unknown website with an ad related to the keywords. When I open my same page in IE, there are no "mystery" links appearing on the pages. What can I do to eliminate this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I prevent other sites from adding links to my uploaded pages when I view them in the browser?

hello cathyvers, this sounds like a problem possibly caused by adware/malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tool like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.

Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How do I prevent other sites from adding links to my uploaded pages when I view them in the browser?

hello cathyvers, this sounds like a problem possibly caused by adware/malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tool like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.

Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware

New Contributor

I did what you suggested and the issue is resolved. Thank you very much.