cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I open a zip file I received in an e-mail?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I open a zip file I received in an e-mail?

Received a notice from Fed Ex that they could not deliver the package....I have to print a package receipt which is in a Zip file --cannot open it with my Microsoft Word XP.....what can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I open a zip file I received in an e-mail?

Newer version of Windows (Vista and later) can open ZIP files internally, but on Windows XP you need to install an archive manager to open and extract files from a ZIP archive.

You can look at the 7-zip file manager or WinZIP or WinRAR if you do not have an archive manager:

4 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Download the Zip file from the email.
You need Winzip/Winrar software..
Winzip is available in Windows default.

• Right-click the ZIP file.
  • Click "Extract All."
  • Select a destination for the extracted files.
  • Click "Extract"
Site Moderator

Newer version of Windows (Vista and later) can open ZIP files internally, but on Windows XP you need to install an archive manager to open and extract files from a ZIP archive.

You can look at the 7-zip file manager or WinZIP or WinRAR if you do not have an archive manager:

New Contributor

Dear cor-el. Thank you for your suggestion....I did download the second of your suggestions. But something was nagging at me when my Malware popped up --so I check with Snopes and this was a virus. I am from a different time....can't understand why brilliant young people take pleasure in creating viruses that can destroy my computer......Don't young people have a conscience these days?

Site Moderator

You're welcome

Don't assume that we are all young people, some may be older than you realize :wink: