cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move bookmarks from the imported folder,From Google Chrome, to Mozilla Favorites?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I move bookmarks from the imported folder,From Google Chrome, to Mozilla Favorites?

I have imported my bookmarks from Google Chrome. A folder has been created in Favorites in Mozilla. I want to move some of the bookmarks to my Mozilla favorites.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I move bookmarks from the imported folder,From Google Chrome, to Mozilla Favorites?

You still need to find a way to see the actual page source code instead of the rendered file with clickable links.

Try to open the file in Firefox instead and open the page source.

• File > New Tab > Open File
  • Tools > Web Developer > Page Source (Command+U)
  • right-click on a web page to open the context menu and select View Page Source
19 REPLIES
All Star Contributor

Re: How do I move bookmarks from the imported folder,From Google Chrome, to Mozilla Favorites?

You are trying to move some bookmarks from a Mozilla bookmark folder into another bookmark folder. Correct?

Try the following:

1. Open the Firefox bookmark manager
  2. Click on all desired bookmarks while holding the Ctrl button
  3. Then Cut the bookmarks (or press Ctrl + X)
  4. Navigate to the desired folder
  5. Paste the bookmarks (or press Ctrl + V)

This will move all of the selected bookmarks to the folder that they are pasted into.

Please report back soon.

New Contributor

Sorry. Just the opposite. Trying to move bookmarks from Google folder to Mozilla favorites on Mozilla. I imported Google bookmarks to Mozilla. Which opened a "From Google Chrome" folder in Mozilla favorites.

All Star Contributor

My above steps should work.

Did you try them?

Legendary Contributor

To quickly get to the bookmarks section of the Library dialog, you can press Ctrl+Shift+b. This should let you easily drag and drop (or cut and paste) bookmarks from the import folder into other folders.

New Contributor

Thanks, that worked fine. I'm just a little dense I guess.

Site Moderator

You can choose to keep using this "From Google Chrome" folder or move (copy/cut and paste) them to another bookmarks folder or create a new folder for these imported bookmarks.

New Contributor

Thanks.

New Contributor

Not to be dense (chronically sleep deprived) but I have mine from Safari that I just want listed as a regular bookmark. No folders or favorites. Just a list.

Can some one tell me really dumbed down how to get them from the folder? I didn't understand how to cut and paste and then put them where?

Also, I don't have a mouse so please explain if I need to use my trackpad.

Thanks

Site Moderator

Do you know how to open a context menu with the trackpad?