cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep the "Automatic Save Folder" tab from opening when I start Firefox 18.0?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I keep the "Automatic Save Folder" tab from opening when I start Firefox 18.0?

Firefox opens with the "Automatic Save Folder" open instead of my normal home page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: How do I keep the "Automatic Save Folder" tab from opening when I start Firefox 18.0?

before saving prefs.js please close firefox and your guess is right the value may any number.

9 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How do I keep the "Automatic Save Folder" tab from opening when I start Firefox 18.0?

hello, this is likely triggered by an extension with the same name listed in your installed addons. please remove it from firefox > addons > extensions.

Disable or remove Add-ons

New Contributor

I have the same problem but I do NOT want to remove the extension. I love the extension, I just want to stop seeing the tab that tells me it has been updated every time I launch Firefox (including popup windows). All my other extensions play nice and show that updated tab once and never again, not sure why this one is persisting.

Site Moderator

in this case please directly contact the extension developers through the means provided at their homepage - they can likely give you more detailed guidance and are the only ones who can fix bugs or make necessary adjustments in the addon. thank you...

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that was the case, but since this thread had already been started, I figured I would ask just in case. I'll do as you suggest.

New Contributor

open firefox | Press Alter Key | Select Help | Select troubleshotting Information | click on show folder | open prefs.js |( NOW CLOSE FIREFOX) press ctrl+H (find & replace)| copy this value in Find What box| user_pref("extensions.asf.version", ""); | and paste this value in Replace with box | user_pref("extensions.asf.version", 18); | press ctrl+S |( FIREFOX MUST BE CLOSED AT THE TIME OF SAVING THIS FILE OTHERWISE CHANGED SETTINGS WILL BE NOT SAVED) exit

New Contributor

That seems reasonable, though I guess the value should be the latest version of the extension, not 18. Regardless, it didn't solve the problem for me. Thanks for trying, though. I have emailed the author of the extension but I haven't heard back yet.

New Contributor

before saving prefs.js please close firefox and your guess is right the value may any number.

New Contributor

Hi pratikatpc,

Thank you, it worked like a charm!

New Contributor

I tried that, but no luck. It probably has something to do with the fact that I am syncing my Firefox configuration using Dropbox. Even though I save it with FF closed and the changes propagate via Dropbox, the file keeps getting re-set back to a blank value for version.

I still haven't heard back from the developer.