cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep Firefox 18.0.1 from saving thumbnails of the sites I visit into a folder on my PC?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I keep Firefox 18.0.1 from saving thumbnails of the sites I visit into a folder on my PC?

How do I keep Firefox 18.0.1 from saving thumbnails of the sites I visit into a folder on my PC? Anybody can view those .png files, and I shouldn't have to start clearing my cache and deleting folders everytime I log out just because my browser had decided to tattle on my every move.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I keep Firefox 18.0.1 from saving thumbnails of the sites I visit into a folder on my PC?

hello SepiaAndDust, to disable the creation of cached thumbnails enter about:config into the firefox location bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up). right-click somewhere in the page and create a new boolean preference named browser.pagethumbnails.capturing_disabled set to true.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Preferences/Preference_reference/browser.pagethumbn...

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How do I keep Firefox 18.0.1 from saving thumbnails of the sites I visit into a folder on my PC?

hello SepiaAndDust, to disable the creation of cached thumbnails enter about:config into the firefox location bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up). right-click somewhere in the page and create a new boolean preference named browser.pagethumbnails.capturing_disabled set to true.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Preferences/Preference_reference/browser.pagethumbn...

New Contributor

Thanks! Seems to have worked.

Site Moderator

You can also create a new Boolean pref pageThumbs.enabled pref and set the value to false (resource:///modules/PageThumbs.jsm)