cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install google toolbar for firefox 5?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How do I install google toolbar for firefox 5?

Please tell me how to get my google toolbox back after I downloaded firefox 5

'locking as solved - answered repeatedly in this thread - moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: How do I install google toolbar for firefox 5?

I have just installed the Compatibility Reporter add-on - it can enable the other add-ons considered as incompatible. It seems to work fine - after restarting Firefox twice (as required) it magically brought back my Google Toolbar and even Google Gears. You can find it here: [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fire.../?src=api]

49 REPLIES
New User

Be patient - wait till Google updates the toolbar, so it's compatible with the latest Firefox version. I'm waiting for this as well, but there's nothing we can really do.

New User

Do you not think that Firefox should liaise with Google before releasing new versions. I can no longer access my bookmarks stored with my Google account, very frustrating. Of if they can't be bothered liaising then they could at least add a warning before the new version download. I miss the form spellchecker too!

New User

That would be a good idea. They could first show a new version to other web developers (Google, Yahoo etc) so they could at least start updating their software to be compatible. Then, after a couple of days delay the browser could be released to public.

New User

But isn't this typical of FireFox nowadays - shoot first and think later. Depressing that they know of incompatibilities but don't tell you until it's too late.

Same happened with v 4, and that took a long time to fix. Why bother entering a version race when they can't handle the important details?

There again, it's free and you get what you pay for nowadays.

Very sad!

New User

very very frustrating...all of my bookmarks are in the google toolbar. There should be a warning before installation...i'm going to have to revert to the earlier version. i love firefox but this was not well thought out

New User

I can't believe that a worldwide company such as Firefox and Google don't sort this out before releasing updates............Doh..........Come on get with the programme we're in the 21st century........

New User

I have just installed the Compatibility Reporter add-on - it can enable the other add-ons considered as incompatible. It seems to work fine - after restarting Firefox twice (as required) it magically brought back my Google Toolbar and even Google Gears. You can find it here: [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fire.../?src=api]

New User

Is there a reason why add-ons break with updates? Not all add-ons break with updates, so does this mean some developers of add-ons knowingly restrict their add-ons to certain versions?

New User

I've installed the compatibility reporter which has got the toolbar working, but I can't enable the Google new tab page. It was working before I upgraded to 5 and there's no longer an option in settings.