cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rid of the wide side bar titled "Related Searches" that covers 1/4 of my screen page?

Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I get rid of the wide side bar titled "Related Searches" that covers 1/4 of my screen page?

I've tried everything, cannot determine how it got there, how to remove. It is impossible to work within a web site with this wide side bar covering at least 2-3 inches. Is it somehow connected to Conduit search engine?

21 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: How do I get rid of the wide side bar titled "Related Searches" that covers 1/4 of my screen page?

Uninstall Conduit from Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs

Site Moderator

Re: How do I get rid of the wide side bar titled "Related Searches" that covers 1/4 of my screen page?

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
New Contributor

Where the hell do you find Uninstall Conduit from Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs in this piece of shit windows 8?

New Contributor

OK, so I finally find control panel. There is no conduit in there. Please advise

New Contributor

You need to uninstall this stupid ass program called webcake to get rid of that annoying ass sidebar

New Contributor

Mozilla was doing great until I made the mistake of loading an unwanted side bar page which consumes a third of my page when I open my browser. Suddenly Mozilla is equal to my Gestapo Android phone since there is no workable solution offered here.

New Contributor

I had the same problem as I & others reported until I cleared my History. The side bar has been removed. I clear my history every day as a safety measure.

Support Forum Moderator

pooka46,
Is your problem with the mobile version of Firefox or the desktop version?
Your posting is apparently tagged for desktop, and wonder why Android is mentioned.

Mozilla doesn't install that stuff. It comes with something the user installs, either on purpose or hidden along with something else that was installed.
Get rid of anything in Windows or in Firefox Add-ons that you don't specifically remember installing.

New Contributor

If I were computer savvy the answer would probably help. I had hoped that when I switched my PC browser to Mozilla that google gestapo ownership of my internet life would be cut off but it appears that has not happened. Google had cut me off basically on internet explorer unless I loaded Chrome. I love the Mozilla security & the speed is twice as fast as internet explorer if not more. I will stay with Firefox if for no other reason than the fact that you responded which google does not. At least I now know that google still owns my internet life on my PC as well as my 5th Android phone.