cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rid of startnow toolbar and webpage?

Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I get rid of startnow toolbar and webpage?

My firefox webpage is blocked. Startnow webpage is over the firefox webpage. It will not delete and i can't get rid of it.

21 REPLIES
Master Contributor

Re: How do I get rid of startnow toolbar and webpage?

See: How to remove the Startnow Toolbar

You may also possibly find it by clicking the Firefox button, go to Add-ons, then Extensions. If you see any reference to it in there, remove it.

New Contributor

Go to your Control Panel, Click on Programs (or similar option if not using Windows 7), Click on Programs and Features. "Startnow Toolbar" should be listed as a program that you can right click on and select uninstall. Follow the wizard instructions to uninstall.

New Contributor

It's not listed in Programs. Mine isn't a toolbar but a page. Startnow appears when I click on the Firefox button on my desktop. I've read about it but honestly, I don't have the computer knowledge to truly understand the explanations/suggestions. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

New Contributor

Hello Alicia-

I just finished removing the smart now toolbar, and when I first started Firefox, it came up as my home page, which is what it has done to yours. Click on the Firefox button, and click Options, Options. In the General tab, under Start Up is where you would set up the home page(s) you would like to assign. If the web address is changed to a smart now page that matches what's in your address bar, select all, backspace and type in the web page you had before. That's should take you back to normal!

New Contributor

Thank-You very much for your help, it appears to be gone!

New Contributor

I deleted this program and now my mozilla wont connect to the internet even though IE does =(

New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank You I am struggling with this stupid Bar How do I loacte these Cookies you had mentioned Pl help

New Contributor

I was SAVED by using the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware ( http://www.superantispyware.com/ )