cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Firefox to work properly with Pogo.com?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How do I get Firefox to work properly with Pogo.com?

I have the latest version of Firefox as well as Java. On Pogo.com some games play properly while others do not. The screen just has game loading. Now if I log into Pogo.com on Firefox in the safe mode, every game works properly. Pogo says it is a Firefox problem and I tend to agree. On the same computer I also run Internet Explorer 7.057 and have no problems with it on Pogo. However I do not like using Internet Explorer. I much prefer Firefox. Any suggestions?

URL of affected sites

http://

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I get Firefox to work properly with Pogo.com?

"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems

If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears. You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions. You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")

15 REPLIES
Site Moderator

"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems

If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears. You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions. You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")

New User

I am having somewhat the same problem...We bought a new MAC snow leapard, I could play pogo games for 2 days then all of a sudden games would not load properly...I have new flash player, and latest java, cleaned out cache..I am able to play using Safari, thanks to tech help through MAC.

Do I need an add-on or extension? I don't understand why it worked for two days then stopped...

New User

Hey, tech support! How about YOU get on that site and try all the extensions and let us know when you find the problem. It says quite clearly that Java is the problem. I cannot update Java since I have a Mac but a third party website says my Java is definitely out of date. Software update is not doing a dam thing. Hello, Apple? Steve Jobs call your office. NOW.

New User

Hey, tech support! How about YOU get on that site and try all the extensions and let us know when you find the problem. It says quite clearly that Java is the problem. I cannot update Java since I have a Mac but a third party website says my Java is definitely out of date. Software update is not doing a dam thing. Hello, Apple? Steve Jobs call your office. NOW.

New User

New User

I've done what you asked and nothing works. Need a better solution than that.

New User

If you have not already found a solution for your Mac - which I have - you can downgrade to 3.6.10 and it will work fine. You have to make sure to uninstall the newer version -I had instructions from Pogo on how to do this. I can't do all the suggestions so far posted as I don't have a PC. Works fine in the earlier version. Maybe one of them - Pogo or Firefox - will catch up. Good luck

New User

why can you people leave well enough alone firefox was working just fine now i can't play my pogo games GET IT FIXED NOW OK

Site Moderator