cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find or reset my firefox username?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How do I find or reset my firefox username?

When trying to set up Sync on a remote computer I am asked for a username and pass word. I assume it is for the original Firefox account. I do not know what it is or how to find or reset it. Any information would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I find or reset my firefox username?

The user name is the email address that was used to create the Sync account.
If you no longer remember the password for the sync account then you can have the server send you a new password to that email address.
If you didn't backup the Sync key (this key is used locally to encrypt personal data before uploading) then you need to reset the sync key and you lose all data currently stored on the sync server.

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

The user name is the email address that was used to create the Sync account.
If you no longer remember the password for the sync account then you can have the server send you a new password to that email address.
If you didn't backup the Sync key (this key is used locally to encrypt personal data before uploading) then you need to reset the sync key and you lose all data currently stored on the sync server.

New User

I have gone through requesting a new password. It keeps telling me to sign in the the original master password. What in simple terms do I do now?

New User

I have gone through requesting a new password. It keeps telling me to sign in the the original master password. What in simple terms do I do now?

Site Moderator

Hi techsavy

Do you have a problem with saving the user name and password in the Password Manager or with accessing the Sync account?

If you have a problem with the Master Password in the Firefox Password Manager then you may have to reset the MP.