cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I download video clips from web pages? Pulling down Firefox's "File" menu shows no save for such a clip.

Highlighted
New User

How do I download video clips from web pages? Pulling down Firefox's "File" menu shows no save for such a clip.

I would like to see TV shows online and fast-forward through the commercials as I do with my DVR. I figure they'll need to be saved on my hard drive for that to work. Does some method exist to download them that I am overlooking?

I am running Firefox 18.0.2 on Windows-XP with all the service packs as of Jan 1, 2013.

2 REPLIES

Re: How do I download video clips from web pages? Pulling down Firefox's "File" menu shows no save for such a clip.

Make use of Firefox Addons to download the videos from the firefox

New User

Re: How do I download video clips from web pages? Pulling down Firefox's "File" menu shows no save for such a clip.

Thank you for your suggestion, iamjayakumars, but it didn't do the job. What I want is to download TV shows that unfortunately include commercials, so that I can _remove_ the commercials before viewing them. The addons at http://addons.mozilla.org/ download _only_ commercials and stop downloading as soon as the commercial ends.

It seems to me that since Firefox is being used to view a video, meaning that it must download the data before showing it, some method should exist to save that data on a hard drive. Can anyone suggest a source?

--Robert Smith