cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the "Plug-In Check" window from popping up everytime I open my firefox browser? It is totally annoying...thanks

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I disable the "Plug-In Check" window from popping up everytime I open my firefox browser? It is totally annoying...thanks

Every time I open firefox browser a very ANNOYING "Plugin Check Window" pops up. My plugins are up to date. I don't want this reminder....PLEASE let me know how to disable it...thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: How do I disable the "Plug-In Check" window from popping up everytime I open my firefox browser? It is totally annoying...thanks

In the address bar, type about:config

Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button if it appears.

Type "plugin" into the filter box.

Find the entry plugin.scan.plid.all and set it to false.

You're done!

22 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: How do I disable the "Plug-In Check" window from popping up everytime I open my firefox browser? It is totally annoying...thanks

In the address bar, type about:config

Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button if it appears.

Type "plugin" into the filter box.

Find the entry plugin.scan.plid.all and set it to false.

You're done!

New Contributor

i've the problem since today. i tried this about:config modification...but the problem is still unsolved.

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response....it definitely worked. What's up with the "I'll be careful, I promise" button? Kinda funny!

New Contributor

I discovered that Flash gets disabled after making this about:config change. Firefox claims that Flash is "out of date" when the latest version is installed. So if you use Flash, this tweak won't work.

I don't really need my browser telling me what I can and can't run...

New Contributor

it's true. it seems you have to choice if have the page annying popup or the flash plugin enables. i suppose it will be a temporary problem of firefox...i hope this.

New Contributor

Same problem here.

plugin.scan.plid.all, did not work

New Contributor

Same here, I had to go back and click on true. Sometimes we just can't win!

New Contributor

New Contributor

I would have loved it to work - the checking is sooo anoying. But : Sorry. Absolutely no luck doing as written above :-(

Other suggestions ?