cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change what site opens in a new tab?

Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I change what site opens in a new tab?

Every time I open a new tab, it opens in the Yahoo search engine. I just want to change it to either be blank or to a different page, but the Tools, Options, Tabs settings don't give you those options. It didn't always go straight to Yahoo, but some program I downloaded installed it and stuck it there.

2 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: How do I change what site opens in a new tab?

Hi, the same thing happened to me today But I realized that firefox errors are mostly about add-ons So firstly, right click on the blank part (menu bar, it's the line where it shows file, edit, view and etc) and check if there are any toolbar related things. For example if your tab kept on opening Yahoo check if there is a yahoo toolbar in there. Secondly, go click tools and add-ons. Search for Yahoo Toolbar and after you find it just delete it. Cause Toolbars in firefox are not handy

New Contributor

Re: How do I change what site opens in a new tab?

Thank you for your help lolly. For those who found this not helpful, it might not be exactly where you want to be, however, it does get you looking in the right location. You may find yourself needing to go to Firefox | Add-Ons | Extensions | and there you should find something that does not look right, disable it.