cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I UNBLOCK the "Remember passwords for sites" button on Tools/Options/Security.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I UNBLOCK the "Remember passwords for sites" button on Tools/Options/Security.

I was following the instructions for "Password Manager Settings":

Firefox will remember passwords by default. You may have disabled this feature, or told Firefox to never remember passwords for a particular site.

. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and then select Options. . Select the Security panel. . If it isn't already check marked, check Remember passwords for sites.

HOWEVER, the "Remember passwords for sites" button is blocked.

HELP!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do I UNBLOCK the "Remember passwords for sites" button on Tools/Options/Security.

Note that you currently are in Private Browsing mode, according to the System Details List:

• browser.privatebrowsing.autostart = True

Note that you also have switched on caret browsing: accessibility.browsewithcaret = True
You can toggle this setting on/off via F7.

• Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Accessibility: "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages"
3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How do I UNBLOCK the "Remember passwords for sites" button on Tools/Options/Security.

hello Deserie, firefox won't save your passwords when you've set it up to run in permanent private browsing mode ("never remember history" in the options > privacy panel).

Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track

Site Moderator

Note that you currently are in Private Browsing mode, according to the System Details List:

• browser.privatebrowsing.autostart = True

Note that you also have switched on caret browsing: accessibility.browsewithcaret = True
You can toggle this setting on/off via F7.

• Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Accessibility: "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages"
New Contributor

Philipp, you are a genius. Thanks!