cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn cookies back on?

Highlighted
New User

How can I turn cookies back on?

Whenever I try to sign into my youtube it goes to a page that says "Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on.". I came here for help, and so far everything it has said to do has done nothing for me.

5 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How can I turn cookies back on?

hello Hana1654, please go through all the steps mentioned in Websites say cookies are blocked - Unblock them and see if this can address the issue...

Site Moderator

New User

I followed them, but it still didn't work.

Site Moderator

do you use any external security/cleanup/sandboxing-tool that might interfere with the cookie management in firefox?

you could also try to generally reset firefox and see if this can address the issue...

Site Moderator

Does it work in Private Browsing mode?

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.

See also:

Note that Firefox will try to import cookies with a reset, so this might still possibly migrate the problem to the new profile.