cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer my cookies from a Mac to a Windows?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How can I transfer my cookies from a Mac to a Windows?

I'm planning on getting a Windows computer. However, I don't want to lose all the cookies in my Mac. Firefox sync doesn't sync cookies, and a Google search has only told me how to transfer them from Windows to Mac, not the other way around. Can anybody help me out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legendary Contributor

Re: How can I transfer my cookies from a Mac to a Windows?

Hello GMLW, follow madperson's reply and will not find any problem, all firefox files (places.sqlite , cookies.sqlite etc) is the same in all Os.

thank you

5 REPLIES
Site Moderator

hello GMLW, please have a look at the following article: Recovering important data from an old profile

New Contributor

It says I have to copy files into a new location, which I'm aware of. My main worry is whether or not all the files I want to transfer will be Windows compatible as well. Will there be any problems due to filename extensions or whatnot when crossing between OS's?

Legendary Contributor

Hello GMLW, follow madperson's reply and will not find any problem, all firefox files (places.sqlite , cookies.sqlite etc) is the same in all Os.

thank you

Site Moderator

Note that not all cookies may be working if the user agent changes significantly as happens with a platform change.

The permissions.sqlite file stores the exceptions, including cookie exceptions, that you have created.

New Contributor

Okay, thank you.