cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop my browser from opening additional window every time it starts pointing to add-ons upgrade page.

Highlighted
New User

How can I stop my browser from opening additional window every time it starts pointing to add-ons upgrade page.

It start suddenly some days ago. I tried the conventional solutions like setting the home page, upgrading the addons marked for upgrade (although I really didn't want to upgrade the Shockwave flash - every time I do this I have some issue...) etc. but none of them helped me and i couldn't find some setting particulary about this. I'm having an antivirus solution and I doubt this to be some sort of infection. So, this is the reason to try to find some answers here before change the browser. I'm using old version (version 12 if I recall it correctly), I know, but the newer ones.. I just don't like them much.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How can I stop my browser from opening additional window every time it starts pointing to add-ons upgrade page.

hello ipro, firefox 12 is no longer supported - the problem you're describing shouldn't occur in current versions, so please Update Firefox to the latest version & see if this already solves the issue.

New User

Re: How can I stop my browser from opening additional window every time it starts pointing to add-ons upgrade page.

Mhm.. this is what I wanted to avoid. Anyway, I'll use the post to clarify that the page opened in the additional window is https://www.mozilla.org/bg/plugincheck/. Obviously the problem is not the addons, it is the plugins. If someone had resolved that issue could share his experiance.

Many thanks for the answer!