I tried changing keyword.url string in about:config from MyStart to "http://www.google.com.my/search?q=", clicked OK and rebooted, but the search box at top right is still the same MyStart Search.
or change value to
For Scroogle, enter http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw= for Bing, enter http://bing.com/results.aspx?q= for Ixquick, enter http://ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?cat=web&query= for Yahoo!, enter http://search.yahoo.com/search?p= For DDG (DuckDuckGo), enter https://duckduckgo.com/?q=
"search box at top right"
Have you tried to switch to a different search engine?
That support article also tells you how to remove a search engine that you don't want, if you scroll down that page a bit.
I did that but it didn't remove mystart from the address line. It still comes up on the address line every time I open it. Jim
Much as I don't want to I guess I'll have to switch to some other browser. MyStart is poison.
Lets say that most of us are geniuses and network devs,and now lets not....can you provide more to that answer,because when I copy your solution id does nothing ,I still end up with freaking mystart ,and lets not pretend that mystart is an search engine,but a malware ,because whenever it's open someone makes some money on it ether we know that fact or not
It's do simply like kevinsanjaya about:config and type in the filter with mystart and reset thus filter, it will be back to default string.
in this case please refer to How to fix preferences that won't save - especially the part about a user.js file in your profile folder.
Do a System restore take the restore back a few days or to the last saved restore point
The method that worked for me see I use firefox and chrome my firefox was ok wasnt infected but chrome was NOW what I did was I imported all my bookmarks I needed from chrome into firefox
(Before doing the step below make sure you clear all the cached temp files from chrome) Whiles ya there Do firefox as well
When I see that was done I uninstalled Google chrome cleared cashe on both firefox & chrome again then rebooted Pc then checked and (It was gone)