cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I play the video on Comedy Central since the latest Mozilla upgrade? (I can on Safari)

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How can I play the video on Comedy Central since the latest Mozilla upgrade? (I can on Safari)

Since today's update, I cannot see video on Comedy Central. I can on Safari, but love the Mozilla add blocker. It says to download Adobe Flash and enable Java script. I've tried. No change. I tried to downgrade Flash to 10.3 and loaded Real Player. No change. Please help. Thank you! Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How can I play the video on Comedy Central since the latest Mozilla upgrade? (I can on Safari)

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.

You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:

• disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
  • disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: How can I play the video on Comedy Central since the latest Mozilla upgrade? (I can on Safari)

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.

You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:

• disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
  • disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
New User

I can see Comedy Central videos if I take the extension Ad blocker off. I just can't watch all those ads. Bummer.