cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I permanently delete the default bookmark toolbar items (getting started, most recent, etc.)?

Highlighted
New User

How can I permanently delete the default bookmark toolbar items (getting started, most recent, etc.)?

I can't seem to permanently delete the default bookmark toolbar items. They show up frequently on start-up, even after manually deleting them in a previous session. I use 3.6 x_32 on Linux (for Flash) and 4.0 RC 1 x_64 (for non-flash) sharing the same profile.

I use the X-marks extension and I thought that was the cause the problem, but the problem keeps happening even after deleting all of the the default items in each version and then overwriting my x-marks server data with a forced upload both times.

I'm guessing that x-marks will be most people's prime suspect. I just want to make sure that firefox isn't recreating the items as a default behavior.

I know it's a minor annoyance, but I keep my bookmarks toolbar pretty full. Thanks.

1 REPLY
Site Moderator

Re: How can I permanently delete the default bookmark toolbar items (getting started, most recent, etc.)?

Does it still happen if you temporarily disable Xmarks?

Doesn't it work if you hide the Bookmarks Toolbar?

You can check: