cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get rid of the Android Download invitation screen every time I load Firefox

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How can I get rid of the Android Download invitation screen every time I load Firefox

My home page is Google.com but each time I load Firefox , Mozilla starts another tab and asks if I want to download the latest Android. I cannot seem to get rid of this screen and I do not have any android devices

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legendary Contributor

Re: How can I get rid of the Android Download invitation screen every time I load Firefox

Sounds like Firefox is not correctly flipping the switch on the "you've just updated" page.

If you immediately exit Firefox and start it up again (after allowing a few moments to update settings files), does Firefox manage to turn off the message?

If not, hopefully someone has a manual solution to change the setting, or knows what may be causing it.

2 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: How can I get rid of the Android Download invitation screen every time I load Firefox

Sounds like Firefox is not correctly flipping the switch on the "you've just updated" page.

If you immediately exit Firefox and start it up again (after allowing a few moments to update settings files), does Firefox manage to turn off the message?

If not, hopefully someone has a manual solution to change the setting, or knows what may be causing it.

Site Moderator

What is the URL of that page in the location bar ?

Are you referring to some snippet on the about:home page?

Can you attach a screenshot?

Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.

If you do not keep changes after a restart then see: