cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy-paste text from Firefox to Apple Mail preserving all formatting? It works with Safari but not with Firefox, otherwise I'd pick Firefox

Highlighted
New Contributor

How can I copy-paste text from Firefox to Apple Mail preserving all formatting? It works with Safari but not with Firefox, otherwise I'd pick Firefox

I have a very big list of correspondents to whom I often send articles. I cannot copy them from Firefox and paste them onto Apple Mail because they look WEIRD and not at all like the original. Most formatting disappears. I do not encounter the same problem with Safari, and THAT is one of the two reasons I am forced to use it even if it gives me lots of problems. The other one is that Safari 5 has a built-in RSS reader, which is essential for my work. If you could manage to have those two things working, I'd pick Firefox in a second and advertise the fact to thousands who would do the same.

2 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: How can I copy-paste text from Firefox to Apple Mail preserving all formatting? It works with Safari but not with Firefox, otherwise I'd pick Firefox

You may be able to find an RSS reader, but the problem may also be caused by the fact that Safari is made by Apple and basically has to be compatible. Good Luck!

Site Moderator

Re: How can I copy-paste text from Firefox to Apple Mail preserving all formatting? It works with Safari but not with Firefox, otherwise I'd pick Firefox

Try one of these feed readers if the build-in Firefox reader doesn't suit you.