cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hovering over FF bookmark shows wrong link (one above)

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hovering over FF bookmark shows wrong link (one above)

Hovering mouse over bookmark link in sidebar (FF 20.0.1) shows information on bookmark 1 above

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hovering over FF bookmark shows wrong link (one above)

I received an email from a user who corrected this problem by setting layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to 1.0. The side effect is that your menu and toolbar area fonts become small. The best workaround for that is to install the Theme Font & Size Changer extension, then click the A icon it adds at the right end of the Navigation Toolbar and adjust the font size from "Normal" to 15 or maybe a bit higher, depending on your preference.

For anyone not familiar with the High DPI support added in Firefox 22, changing layout.css.devPixelsPerPx from its default value of -1.0 to 1.0 changes the scaling of pages from your Windows DPI setting (e.g., 125%) to 100% (similar to earlier versions of Firefox). Apparently there is a bug related to the tooltips for the bookmarks sidebar. I haven't searched the bug system to see whether it has been reported, but I'm attaching some screen shots demonstrating it -- the higher the scaling, the greater the distance between the expected tooltip and the one displayed.

2013-07-18-10-33-11-c6214d.png 2013-07-18-10-32-57-8c1279.png 2013-07-18-10-33-02-b19e0b.png
19 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

New Contributor

Unchecking hardware acceleration made no difference.

Site Moderator

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
New Contributor

Not solved.

Legendary Contributor

The problem still occurs in Safe Mode?

Is the correct bookmark underlined when you hover over it or is that also off by one (i.e., the underline matches the URL)?

New Contributor

The problem still occurs in Safe Mode.

New Contributor

The underline does not match the URL. Bookmark I am hovering over is underlined, but the information shown matches the bookmark 1, or sometimes 2, bookmarks above.

New Contributor

Same problem here. Started after updated to v22. Two machines checked so far, both Windows 7 (one 32bit one 64bit).

Legendary Contributor