cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I GET THIS BROWSER TO STOP BLOCKING LEGIT WEBSITE?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

HOW DO I GET THIS BROWSER TO STOP BLOCKING LEGIT WEBSITE?

I WANT TO JUST SCREAM. I HAVE AN OFFER TO TAKE A SURVEY FROM PETCO, AND I DAMN WELL RECOGNIZE THE SITE AND EMAIL. BUT THE SURVEY GOES TO A SITE YOU BLOCK. HOW HOW HOW DO I STOP YOU FROM DOING THIS. I DESPISE THIS. YOU ARE NOT HELPING, YOU ARE COSTING ME FIVE BUCKS. I FOUND THE WEBSITE THROUGH GOOGLE, IT IEXISTS, NOTHIGN WRONG WITH IT JIUST YOUR DAMN BROWSER CAUSING ME PROBLEMS. THIS IS NOT HELPFUL IT IS ANTAGONISTIC.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: HOW DO I GET THIS BROWSER TO STOP BLOCKING LEGIT WEBSITE?

hello, what site are you trying to visit & exactly what error message are you getting? (please provide as many information as possible)

New User

Thanks but I tried that.

It wasn't the problem. I finally figured it out. But I appreciate your offering a substantive suggestion.
18 REPLIES
Site Moderator

hello, what site are you trying to visit & exactly what error message are you getting? (please provide as many information as possible)

New User

iT IS JUST BLANT

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO READY TO FOAM AT THE MOUTH
IT IS:

http://dirsurveys.com/12381/?id=329217750&samtag=3&pid=18580787

But I googled it and it was dirsurveys.com it is a legit site, I am invited to do a survey for Petco. I have now spent way way way way too much time oon this. I can't even figure out this browser. You used to be able to say which sites were okay, which to block, i click on the tools and now really can't find where it would enable me to set my OWN STANDARDS OF SETTINGS.
I AM GROWING MORE AND MORE UNHAPPY WITH THIS BROWSER I USED TO LOVE IT.
 This is taking up so much time, costing me more problems when somethign gets stressful not helpful, it's time to drop it.
thanks for trying. I don't even see how to set this my way. i check the add ons and i see stuff i didn't allow.
Site Moderator

Can you tell me the exact error message you were seeing? It's possible that the site was temporarily put on Google SafeBrowsing list (which is what blocks websites that are insecure, virus infected, etc. It's off now so you should be able to visit it (or just add an exception and go to it anyway)

Site Moderator

i can open this site without any issue - try to reset firefox.

New User

It doesn't say anyting, it just says: "blank"

AND I can get to the site using google, no problem. But when I click the link in the survey which you are supposed to do instead of going to the specific survey it the page sjust says: "blank"
I am downloading chrome. I do not wish to go through this kind of thing. I loved firefox but now they have made it much too difficult to set to my specifications.
New User

I TOO CAN GET TO THE SITE OKAY.

BUT I CAN'T GET TO IT CLICKING THE LINK IN THE SURVEY
I GET A PAGE THAT SAYS "BLANK"
IT IS A BROWSER BLOCKING IT
Site Moderator

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Site Moderator

GINAHERE, I know you are upset but you can get the same message across without using the internet form of shouting/being rude by typing in all Caps. Thank you.

New User

Excuse me, but it is very frustrating when you ask for help, ask for advice, and it is obvious that the respondent just posted for the sake of posting, and did NOT bother to read what the person posted.

That does NOT help. So it makes it clear you have to SPEAK LOUDER.