cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green download arrow missing

Highlighted
New User

Green download arrow missing

Since Firefox 23 I cannot see the flashing green download arrow! It was an awesome addition and now it's lost. How can I get it back? I can't even see now, that something was downloaded... Why on earth did they change this feature?

Thanks!

20 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Green download arrow missing

hello, please see Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars in order to put the button onto your toolbar and make sure that your other download-related addons aren't interfering with the built-in button...

Site Moderator

You can try to click to "Restore Default Set" button in the Customize window if you do not see the Download toolbar button.

You can check for problems caused by a corrupted localstore.rdf file if this didn't work.

New User

The arrow is there, it just doesn't show the usual animation associated with downloading.

New User

Ok, download statusbar addon was the culprit, thanks. Now the green arrow animation works like a charm.

Site Moderator

Did you try to click "Restore Default Set" in case you still have an old download toolbar button or if there is otherwise a problem with the button that you currently have?

Regular User

I saw the green arrow when downloading yesterday but I do not see it today. I am using v23. The only difference between yesterday and today is I ran Malwarebytes and backed up my computer.

Can't figure out what is wrong and what to fix.

Thank you.

SUMO Contributor

Hi CiaoBella1, you can use Firefox's Customize feature to see whether the download arrow is on a different toolbar than it was before, or to move it to a more convenient location, or to re-add it if it somehow ended up in the collection of unused buttons. Check out this article for more details on how to do that: Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars. Can you get it back to how it was?

Regular User

JScher2000,

The arrow hasn't moved from its position since updating to v23, so I can't imagine that is in on a different toolbar or in a different location. The only difference is it no longer turns green while it is downloading.

I saw that article and did not see how it applied to my situation.

Thank you.

Site Moderator

You can try click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar setup.

• Firefox menu button > Options > Toolbar Layout
  • View > Toolbars > Customize

You can also check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.