Lets hope it was an intermittent problem and is working again. At the moment I am able to use various Google search sites & methods I am not personally seeing a problem.
If necessary try clearing the cache and cookies for Google related sites and trying again. There may have been a few similar posts but I would expect a veritable deluge if everyone is seeing such problems.
(IIRC the last major google problem related to how one of their animations was handled in Firefox )
Please post back with whether you still have a problem.
And anyone else with the same problem please vote on the thread, ussing the box at the side to register the fact.
Glad it is working again.
One wonders whether switching between and uninstalling and reinstalling browsers may have cleared caches & or cookies, or alternatively that it was genuinely an intermittent problem.
I am glad it worked but a pity you resorted to uninstalling and re-installing Firefox.
Just found another similar thread, so we are dividing our efforts! Win XP, doesn't work in safe mode. Refresh causes it to work. Reinstalled latest version - didn't fix it!
Seeing the same issue today, Firefox 17.0.1 on Windows 7 64 bit. What is happening is the first time I search, I get results, but I can't get to any other result pages nor can I search. I get the personlization bar, search form, and white screen. I disabled all add-ons, started in safemode, cleared everything and it still fails.
Oddly, if you go to google.com and hit 'Advanced Search', search will work until you make your next query.
The resulting URL is very different when searching from the search bar and searching from the page.
some users have reported that the issue might have been caused when the dom.storage.enabled preference in about:config was set to false. [source]
other users have reported that the search problem only appeared when they had firefox set to block cookies from google.com or one of its local domains. can you check if this is the case for you when you go into firefox/tools > options > privacy > accept cookies - exceptions...
I followed the link on how to check dom.storage.enabled and toggled it to 'true' and for now, Google search is working from the page. Now the question is, how did it get toggled to 'false'. I did not toggle it so I suspect an add-on did.