cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Image search hover=zoom function lost? Version Firefox 16.0.1

Highlighted
New Contributor

Google Image search hover=zoom function lost? Version Firefox 16.0.1

Okay, Before Firefox updated to version 16.0.1 this week, When I used google image search, and hovered over the image, it would zoom a bit, abeling you to read the description below this image.

Now It seems to be lost?

Did you guys(firefox/moz) remove this abbility or is there a problem on my end.

How do i get this to work again?

13 REPLIES
All Star Contributor

Re: Google Image search hover=zoom function lost? Version Firefox 16.0.1

You could zoom using Ctrl-+.

Site Moderator

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
New Contributor

Jquery " mouseover" and "mouseout" are not working in mozila 16.0.1. it is creating problem in drop menu.

New Contributor

i also have this problem and its really annoying now i cant see the image description in google image seach >_<

@cor-el - ive already done that and stills the same, the zooming function in google image search is still not working and also i never change my theme its still default......i hope you can fix this problem fast before some of us switch to another web broswer because its really frustrating >_<

All Star Contributor

You might want to try Startpage for image searching. It works really well.

New Contributor

I make it a point to always keep Firefox up to date, but I'd rather NOT if it's going to disable addons and/or useful things like google images' hover preview feature. I hope someone at google and/or the Mozilla Foundation fixes this soon.

Site Moderator

I do get a slightly enlarged image if I hover an image on the Google image result page.
So I'm not sure if anything is really broken.

Did you try Safe mode or a clean new test profile?

New Contributor

Now I find this to be very strange. When I do a Google search, sometimes the results will have a few images on the results page. When I hover over these images they enlarge (zoom) to about twice their thumbnail size. OK, that works good, but now when I select "Images" from the menu at the top of the web search results, I get the "Images" page. Now when I hover over these images there is NO zoom feature. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I know this is a known issue. Chrome and Internet Exploder both work fine with the "Zoom" feature.

I am using Firefox 16.0.2 with XP SP2

Many thanks in advance Johnny V

Site Moderator

Hi Johnny_V

Did you try Safe mode?

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.