Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail won't load in firefox

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master

Gmail won't load in firefox

Gmail will not load in Firefox browser. I can get it in IE. I have disabled add-ons, extensions, reset theme to default, renamed extensions.?? files, re-started in safe mode, and a few other options, but it still won't load. Get "The connection was interrupted The connection to www.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading." However, I can go to www.google.com, but can't get to the login page or gmail link. I can get to other links there.

URL of affected sites

http://www.gmail.com, https://mail.google.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master

Re: Gmail won't load in firefox

I had the same problem since this Wednesday afternoon. I cleared the recent history as suggested and that worked for me. I also solved my problem to display Google Calendar (that one I had since a month at least).

Thank you

24 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Try clearing your cache and cookies.

1. Open the Tools menu, then select Clear Recent History... .
  2. In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.
  3. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
  4. Select both Cookies and Cache.
  5. Click Clear Now .
Grand Master

I had the same problem since this Wednesday afternoon. I cleared the recent history as suggested and that worked for me. I also solved my problem to display Google Calendar (that one I had since a month at least).

Thank you

New User

I have had this same problem for the last few days. I can connect to google.com but not to gmail.com or reader.google.com. When I try, I get the error message: "The connection to www.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading."

I have cleared the cache and cookies, but the problem remains. The problem also persists in Safe Mode.

I have no problem accessing Gmail or Google Reader in some other browsers (eg Chrome connects fine, Opera doesn't).

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

New User

Same for me, cache & cookie clear did not work, nor starting in safe mode. Still cannot access gmail with Firefox while Safari works well...

New User

I've also been having this problem, using the latest version of Firefox on OS X Snow Leopard. I have tried everything suggested i.e. deleting all history, cache, cookies etc, have also completely uninstalled and re-installed Firefox several times and to no avail. I can't access www.gmail.com, mail.google.com, or even log into my Google account from www.google.com.

I would be really grateful if someone could have a look at this, it seems like a fairly widespread bug and it's really annoying and frustrating! It's stopped me from using Firefox which is not something I or the developers want I am sure! Smiley Happy

New User

I also cleared all cache and cookies history, and gmail still will not load on Firefox. It does load perfectly on Internet Explorer, so it appears to be a Firefox problem.

New User

I just solved this after reading http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+cannot+connect+securely+because+the+SSL+protocol+is+disa...

Go to Tools, Options, Advanced, Encryption, and make sure that both SSL and TLS are checked. In my case, TLS was not checked. I checked it, and lo and behold, I could get back in to all the sites I'd been blocked from.

Hope this works for the rest of you.

New User

I am having trouble accessing Gmail in html in Firefox. I have done all of the above: Cleared cache and cookie history, uninstall and reinstall, making sure TLS and SSL were checked; and I still cannot get Gmail to load in Firefox in html. I started having problems a couple days ago when it wouldn't let me attach a file to an outgoing email.

I can get everything fine in IE, but I'd prefer to use Firefox. Is there a solution coming soon?

New User

My Firefox was hanging also at www.google.com. Clearing Cache & History did not help. I traced town the problem to be Google Desktop (which I love). Uninstalled Google Desktop and re-installing it solved the problem.

Hope that helps