Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting sec_error_untrusted_issuer error. Even after remove cert8.db

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Getting sec_error_untrusted_issuer error. Even after remove cert8.db

Trying to open the site https://fogaiba.atlassian.net I get the sec_error_untrusted_issuer and I cannot add exceptions.

I have read a lot about it and I have already deleted cert8.db file.

I use Windows XP and Firefox 18.

Any ideas? With Google Chrome I can enter the site after accepting the exception.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legendary Contributor

Re: Getting sec_error_untrusted_issuer error. Even after remove cert8.db

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

3 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

Site Moderator

Check the date and time in the clock on your computer: (double) click the clock icon on the Windows Taskbar.

New Contributor

Hello, Thank you very much. Reseting Firefox it has shown the "add exception" option.