cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox won't load some webpages properly (facebook, ebay), they appear very basic

Highlighted
Grand Master

Firefox won't load some webpages properly (facebook, ebay), they appear very basic

Only some webpages are not loading properly, they appear very basic. Lots of white space, all in Times New Roman, links in blue but nothing really loads. Facebook and Ebay are like this.

URL of affected sites

http://www.facebook.com

25 REPLIES
Expert User

Re: Firefox won't load some webpages properly (facebook, ebay), they appear very basic

Try View > Page Style > make sure that Basic page style is selected, not the No style menuitem. Also, since the issue is site-specific, clearing Firefox's cookies and cache might help.

Grand Master

Re: Firefox won't load some webpages properly (facebook, ebay), they appear very basic

Thanks for your help, but have tried both of the above. I have gone through the help for web pages not loading or looking like they should, and images not loading. But still no luck Smiley Sad It is not just those two web pages, images do not load on pages that otherwise would be fine. When loading, it seems to get stuck and say in the bottom left (where it says 'Done') 'Waiting for ...static....' (that is various codes and what not, but it contains the word static)

I think the only thing I haven't tried from the Help suggestions is reinstalling

Expert User

I want to ask for more information. Please check for the issue in new profile - see Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles.

Grand Master

From Author:

Creating a new profile had no affect, but thankyou Smiley Happy I think I have found the issue now from reading others problems, pretty sure its the vundo trojan virus thing??

Have this site to help me get rid of it: http://sites.google.com/site/bbayles/index/antivundo

Fingers crossed!

Expert User

New User

This appears to be an Adblock Plus problem. When I disable Adblock Plus, the problem goes away. When I re-enable it the problem comes back. I have unsubscribed from all of the blocking lists in Adblock Plus, and the pages now show up correctly. I will just block individual items from now on as and when I come across them.

you pay access my facebook and download song

Expert User

Is the issue solved now?

Did you email Adblock Plus developer informing him about the issue with the extension and the website?

New User

Hi i have been having this problem also and trying every thing that has been suggested but nothing was working on a whim I turned my modem off for ten min and everything was back to normal when i turned it back on. hopefully your all like me and haven't tried this yet and you to can have an end to the frustration Smiley Happy