Firefox is not connecting to the internet no matter what wireless system I try. I recieve the basic "Unable to Connect" error message. I can easily access the internet through Internet Explorer though.
- I Use Windows 7 and have the newest version of Firefox
- I have uninstalled and re-installed Firefox
- I have set the Proxy to "No Proxy" and I have added Mozilla to my basic Windows Firewall
- I recovered my computer to when I didn't have this problem, nothing changed
- I haven't run special virus programs to check for Malware, but I had NoScript, AdBlocker and Ghostry for Firefox
- This happened after I updated Firefox
- I know I am not alone in this problem, but the other posts have no helped me
I believe that is all the information (that I can think of) that you will need about this problem. Any efforts are appreciated, and thank you for reading.
Re: Firefox won't connect, but IE will, what do I do?
I had the same problem: IE would connect, but Firefox would not, though it was working fine a few days ago. The other thing that changed in the meantime was that my trial of McAfee Internet Securty Suite expired. I tried all the suggestions on the link (thanks Edmeister), but to no avail. I did have doubts, though, about firewall software, etc.
I have just un-installed McAfee, restarted my computer, and Firefox works fine.