Last week, Firefox was able to load the website TastyTrade (now it can't) - I have no problem opening other sites. Chrome is able to open the website. Thanks.
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Max, I did the suggestions and it did not work. I have a Mac and I get the spinning ball that won't go away. I have to force quit firefox and start up (and restore) and then close the tab that's not working (ie. trying to get on tastytrade) before it engages again.
Can you access this website via Google Translate with a random source language (e.g. fr)?
It did not solve the problem. What is about my set up that prevents this particular site from loading, again other sites can load. thanks.
The problem is that FIREFOX 26 blows great big greasy chunks and you need to roll back (and apologize to the universe) and toss it in the bin....and have a nice long talk with your developers about the definitions of the words:
"stupid" and "broken"
If your Mac Firefox has a safe mode, see if it works. With mine, hold down the shift key before starting FF.
On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox to start in Safe Mode.
I have the same problem. Firefox is unable to load any page but Chrome works without a hitch. What's interesting is that this problem is only present when I use my WiFi at my new apartment. I just tried switching to my tethered connection from my phone, and when I do this then both browsers work the same. It's only when I switch to the new WiFi when Firefox is unable to load any pages (I checked the developer console and the there is the GET request but nothing happens afterwards.)
I'm on Mac and I already tried using Safe Mode without any improvement in the situation. Let me know if there is any additional information about the connection type that I can provide in order to track down the problem.