Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox suddenly stops showing background

Highlighted
New User

Firefox suddenly stops showing background

If you look at this page: http://home.fnal.gov/~cplager/log/0909/log.html

You'll see that just near the bottom, Firefox 19 stops showing the background. This bug can mean that for certain pages, it becomes unreadable.

Please fix this bug soon.

5 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox suddenly stops showing background

This is likely this bug on Windows (works for me on Linux).

• bug 671302 - cairo-gdi: large background-images and gradients don't work beyond ~ 32768px

(please do not comment in bug reports: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html)

SUMO Contributor

As a temporary workaround, assign a suitable background color in addition to the image. For example:

body {
    background-color: #eee;
    background-image: url("rough-grey.jpg");
    font-family: "Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
}

If that isn't your site, never mind!

New User

@Cor-el: This wasn't a problem for Firefox 18. Is there an ETA to getting this fixed?

@jscher2000: I've seen this on both my pages and others. The page I sent you was my page and I put in your temporary fix for now.

New User

I have same problem. Firefox 18 works 100 %. But in 19 have problems with background images. This bug happen on windows. Tested on XP x86 and Seven x64.

When mozzila think fix this bug?

SUMO Contributor

Hi Reitman, this thread is about background images cutting off after a particular length. Do you have this specific problem (please give an example URL), or do you have the problem you posted about in this thread: Draw bug on background-image inline-css when content is created dynamically. To prevent confusion, let's keep the two problems in separate discussions.