Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox suddenly not loading several web pages properly

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox suddenly not loading several web pages properly

I've had Firefox 4 since the release date, but today it's been acting up - it's not loading certain webpages properly, removing all the formatting and just putting all the text/links/etc in a list along the left hand side of the window. It's also not showing some pictures at all any more, although they're all hosted on Photobucket. This is literally ther first time there's been a problem with it since updating, and I've not changed any settings on it at all, so I have no clue why it's suddenly broken. Is anyone else getting this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Firefox suddenly not loading several web pages properly

I just started having the problem described above recently where it appears some of the CSS isn't formatting my webpages correctly. I have tried reinstalling FF4, and even downloaded FF5 (in which the images below are taken) and the problem still persists. I have disabled all my addons and FF is essentially barebones and the problem still continues. The images below show my exact problems. On Google, the logo doesn't load; on IGN, all images don't show and the bottom half of the page looks to be in plain HTML; and CNN is just straight up HTML.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help is much appreciated!

2011-06-26-07-21-24-a84d6f.JPG 2011-06-26-07-23-31-774ad0.JPG 2011-06-26-07-21-27-b84039.JPG
New Contributor

I searched everywhere to find a solution to this problem; uninstalled FF; reinstalled FF; restored my computer; etc., etc., and NOTHING worked until I found this! Thanks a lot!

18 REPLIES
Site Moderator

If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.

See:

• Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in Tools > Page Info > Permissions
  • Check that images are enabled: Tools > Options > Content: [X] Load images automatically
  • Check the exceptions in Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions
  • Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images)

There are also extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) that can block images.

New Contributor

I tried everything you suggested, it still isn't working properly. I don't have the problems with IE or Chrome, just Firefox and only for the last two days.

Site Moderator

You can use these steps to check if images are blocked if you haven't done this yet.

• Click the "More Information" button to open the "Page Info" window with the Security tab selected (also accessible via "Tools > Page Info").
  • Go to the Media tab of the "Tools > Page Info" window.
  • Select the first image link and scroll down through the list with the Down arrow key.
  • If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.

• Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
  • Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
New Contributor

Zozzilla, does an ebay auction page load correctly for you?

New Contributor

@cor-el - I've done those steps, I'm still getting the problem...I think it's something to do with Firefox itself, not any of my extensions or plug-ins. Smiley Sad

@sodagreen - No it doesn't, the buttons are all messed up, some fonts and HTML seem to be completely wonky.

Also to illustrate what I mentioned about pictures not showing, here is a screencap of one of the sites I visit. Every graphic on it is hosted by Photobucket, however if you look...the areas circled have missing images.

2011-05-07-01-21-42-95749e.png
New Contributor

As a temporary (most likely anyway) "fix" I uninstalled Firefox completely and reinstalled it. So far everything is back to normal, but I'm expecting it to mess up again within a week.

New Contributor

Same issue for me suddenly began this morning (yesterday all was fine) - it's not that images aren't loading, it's quirky code errors. In some cases, CTRL-F5 fixes it... but, in others, it does not (e.g. Facebook only loads the most recent couple dozen status updates - clicking the link for more does nothing; I also did a daily check of fares on SW Airlines website - code for the reservation window won't load, and when I try manually typing it the info isn't accepted).

My short-term solution is to go back to IE8 - not happy about it, but at least all of the web pages I visit are properly working.

New Contributor

having the same issues as of Sunday, the Ctrl+F5 and the fresh installs work but only seem to be temp.

Any other ideas?

New Contributor

I have started experiencing the same problem. CTRL 5 fixes it but it's a temporary fix. Have you found a permanent fix yet? Thanks