cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox says "proxy server is refusing connections" after Mozilla update

Highlighted
Grand Master

Firefox says "proxy server is refusing connections" after Mozilla update

On 1 July Mozilla generated an automatic update. Immediately after, I received the message"proxy server is refusing connections." I am unable to get online on my computer. How can this problem be solved?

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== 1 July 2010 after a Mozilla update

14 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Firefox says "proxy server is refusing connections" after Mozilla update

Grand Master

Since I can't access the net, I can't use the TOOLS etc. path to correct the problem. Can you give me some more help or advice?

Support Forum Moderator

As long as you can open Firefox, you should be able to access the Tools menu. Can you not open Firefox at all?

Grand Master

I have the similar problem except I can get into tools , options etc But when I tick "no proxy and ok " it just reverts back to use proxy

Site Moderator

New User

This is a sign of MALEWARE. Go into safemode with networking. Then TOOLS, then Network, then Proxy Setting and choose to turn them off. I just did this for a cleint and then ran MALWAREBYTES.

Kevin

New User

'the mozilla firefox in my computer can't access evrytime i open the firefox always proxy server refusing connection post in my computer and it does'ntwork......how i solved this problem?help me i dont know wat to do....

New User

I had the same issue with both Firefox and IE. There is a tuturial tell that I have to adjust my proxy settings to solve the issue.

2011-08-16-10-18-08-ec0666.jpg
New User

I had the same problem, I confirmed it was solve by moddinbg the rules on local firewall. I gave all-permit to firefox application