cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox plugin container playing random music, not from any of the opened tabs, been happening for a few weeks...

Highlighted
Grand Master Contributor

Firefox plugin container playing random music, not from any of the opened tabs, been happening for a few weeks...

Random, really crappy music just keeps playing I've tried disabling all recently installed addons and it still keep playing...

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== Not sure, mabye a week or two ago

21 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Firefox plugin container playing random music, not from any of the opened tabs, been happening for a few weeks...

Plugin-container doesn't really add anything. It just stores plugins in a separate process (whereas before they would run in firefox.exe). See What is plugin-container.

So it seems that one of the websites you are on is playing music via a plugin. The next time this happens, can you keep a list what sites you are on, so we can check? Or you can close each tab one-by-one until the the music goes away.

Grand Master Contributor

Re: Firefox plugin container playing random music, not from any of the opened tabs, been happening for a few weeks...

It isn't any of the websites that I'm on because it happens anyway, I can be on any site and it will still play...That's the first thing I checked....

Support Forum Moderator

plugin-container is literally incapable of playing music without a website. The next time this happens, please tell us which sites you are on. Thanks.

Grand Master Contributor

I have the same problem, site plays in IE but no firefox http://fishermansnet.com/Fun/SmileyLand.htm

Support Forum Moderator

That sounds like a completely different problem. Joel is getting music that he wants to stop.

In your case, that site uses code:

The "bgsound" tag is non-standard code, that is only supported in IE. See What to do if Firefox won't play any sounds

Grand Master Contributor

Yahoo Mail Homepage and Facebook Homepage

Grand Master Contributor

I closed both of those open tabs after I opened a new blank tab and its still playing......

Grand Master Contributor

Thank Chris, I found the codes that make it work in both FireFox an IE. Working great now Mike

Support Forum Moderator

What about pop-ups? Do you have any other Firefox windows open?