cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox keeps crashing

Highlighted
New User

Firefox keeps crashing

Moziila Firefox crashes and sends reports constantly ! Getting the following popup alert notices.

1. 1} -END PROGRAM.."PROGRAM IS NOT RESPONDING"
#2} MOZILLA CRASH REPORTER.."WERE SORRY FIREFOX HAD A PROBLEM AND CRASHED" 
#3} WELL THIS IS EMBARRASSING.."FIREFOX IS HAVING TROUBLE RECOVERING YOUR WINDOWS AND TABS" ect..

Can you fix this or must I get a NEW BROWSER ?

36 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox keeps crashing

We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.

1. Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
  2. Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.

More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.

New User

Tried several times but keep getting "SORRY PAGE NOT FOUND" ??

New User

Further.. don't really know if I did it the proper way !

Site Moderator

Just clear the Location bar (address bar), which is where you see http or https web addresses listed, type in about:crashes and press the enter key.

There's an about:crashes link in the Firefox Help - > Troubleshooting Information page, if that's easier.

New User

When I do that I see the words SUBMITTED CRASH REPORTS above words REPORT ID on left side & the words REMOVE ALL REPORTS inside a box above the words DATE SUBMITTED on the right side...but no data.

Also, superimposed over this is a pop up warning notice box stating "UNRESPONSIVE SCRIPT" ect.. and below states SCRIPT:CHROME://GLOBAL/CONTENT/CRASHES.JS:125 At the bottom there are two options to either CONTINUE or STOP SCRIPT ..I have tried both still no data on crash reports??

Site Moderator

The links under "Report ID" that start with "bp-" are the crash reports, as shown in the image here.

Either copy the bp- report IDs or post the actual links in your reply.

New User

Hi thanks but there are no links or other data as I said..nothing happens by clicking on the words but the weird part is the "Warning:Unresponsive Script" notice which reads chrome://global/content/crashes.js:125 which is in front of the about:crashes result as explained. The only thing I can probably get a response from or do on the crash report is hit the remove all reports box...but ???

Site Moderator

If you can't get to the crash reports from the "Submitted Crash Reports" (about:crashes page) then try getting them by following these directions:

1. Click the Windows Start button, then click on Run (oress the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]). This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
  2. In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
  3. From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
  4. Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
  5. Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
  6. Paste each ID into the reply window in this thread.

Otherwise, the best I can suggest is to try the troubleshooting suggestions in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.

New User

bp-8b7da1b8-218c-43e6-9ab6-02cec2130122 1/22/2013 2:46 PM
bp-89d3e59f-d411-4925-aea1-9f5722130122 1/22/2013 1:18 PM
bp-1b3036da-46aa-4b06-985e-46af42130122 1/22/20131 2:07 PM
bp-fc677594-4bd9-4285-88f6-c9a542130122 1/22/20131 2:07 PM
bp-c121ce07-b644-44dd-993a-4a6412130121 1/21/2013 3:47 PM