cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox hangs many times..

Highlighted
New User

Firefox hangs many times..

Firefox hangs many times.It's very annoying. It crashes after a pop up which says :

(Warning: Unresponsive Plugin; Shock wave flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.)

I updated the flash player another day but still this problem continued. Some other day a similar kind of pop up came but it didn't said anything about Shock wave flash but it is a script problem.Firefox always hangs because of some script problem. When i open Windows media player, Photoshop on the other side..Firefox hangs. I never had any problem with Firefox before.

8 REPLIES
Senior User

Re: Firefox hangs many times..

Hello,

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.

Click the "Reset Firefox" button.

Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.

Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information:

Reset Firefox

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

Thank you.

New User

Still the same problem.

SUMO Contributor

Try to remove all video programs that Firefox uses. Then, go to the web site and reinstall only the flash player.

Site Moderator

You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:

• disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
  • disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
  • disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
New User

The 2 plugins which are out of date are java-deployment-toolkit and Adobe Acrobat.I never use to update them.Can that cause this problem too ?

SUMO Contributor

Out of date anything can cause problems. Go to their web sites and install the current programs

New User

That didn't work.

New User

I didn't updated those 2 programs but removed it because both of them are not needed for me.But still i am having this hanging problem.It's more than annoying.If i open 4 pages or more,sometimes Firefox hangs.If i open VLC player or Photoshop on the other side,it hangs.What else could be there to try...I think its better to quit Firefox.